Having moved 3 times in two years, I like to think I have just the essentials. Sadly false. Some of today’s divestitures:
- A gray and purple Halloween wig (worn once)
- How to Make Souffles (1963)
- 3 inch heel mary janes i have owned for 8 years and worn 4 times. (Slightly chewed)
- a creepy broken paper mache marionette from Austria.
- unmatched earrings (many)
Packing is a process of despair (“I’m not moving to Spain. Not now and not ever” and exhilaration (“I don’t have to keep this broken marionette anymore!”)